Mushroom Swiss Chicken & Snappy Herbed Spinach
4 chicken breasts
4 slices of swiss cheese
1 c. sliced mushrooms
1/2 tbsp. margarine
1 tbsp. garlic
Spinach Rice casserole:
1 teaspoon butter
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup cooked long grain rice
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook chicken. Once it's nearly done, throw in butter, garlic and mushrooms and continue to sauté until chicken is done.
- While the above step is going on.....In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Add onion; cover and microwave at 50% power for 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and rosemary. Stir in the spinach, rice, onion mixture and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6-8 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; microwave 1-2 minutes longer or until firm and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Yield: 4 servings.